Monday, June 4, 2012

Perks: the movie





I SWORE I would not go and see this film. Emma Watson, in my mind, could never be the same as Sam in the book. But maybe that's a good thing? Because this trailer has made me want to see it SO badly! Maybe the overriding beauty from this book is the story, not the characters, maybe, maybe, maybe... I'm excited!
I just don't want to be disappointed.




 
(It's also made me want to spend the evening with a mug of tea re-reading Perks instead of packing.)



Can a movie adaptation of your favourite book ever be as good as the book? 
 
// bloglovin' :: goodreads
Share:

6 comments

Renee said...

I totally get what you mean! Not with "Perks" because it's not my favorite, but last year with "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close." One of my favorite books ever but I couldn't bear to see the movie. It looked like such a tear-jerker that I knew it wouldn't be anything like (and thus not half as good as) the book.

BUT I just went and got it from the library (the DVD, not the book). So we'll see! I hope Perks turns out well. I liked the book quite a bit and the trailer looks promising. Fingers crossed!

HANNAH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HANNAH said...

I actually didnt like Perks- some passages were really beautifully written but there was something about it that felt insincere to me, like it was trying too hard to be cool and edgy. The film does look good though and its making me wonder whether I should go back and read it again.

Perfume was nowhere near as good as the book but that book is so much about scent that there was no way it was going to work as a film.

High Fidelity was mostly a good adaptation I think, the casting of John Cusack as Rob almost made up for the fact that they changed the setting from britain to america

Emma said...

From the trailer alone, I think Patrick looks like he's been played really well. But my beloved Charlie...? Not convinced.

Cate said...

I just watched the trailer and I love it! I think the casting is amazing and it looks great. I can't wait to see it!

Linhy said...

I enjoy your blog! good stuff you got on here. Hope you'll checkout mine when you get a chance and become a follower too! =)

© Elle Kayem | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig